Urgent Communication Guide
Your website can be a key component of your emergency communication plan by serving as the main source of information. We’ve compiled this guide to be a quick reference for how to accomplish this on your Edlio Website.
Communicating Urgent Information: An Edlio Website Guide
Create a page on your website that will serve as the central information source.
Create paths to this page from your homepage. You have multiple options:
- News - Most Edlio Websites feature News as a key component of the homepage. Create a News item (use a clear headline such as “Important updates on COVID-19”) and link it to your page.
- Homepage Alert - On your News item, opt to make it a Homepage Alert.
- Homepage Widget - Add a sticky button to your homepage that links to your page.
Go beyond your homepage to reach families:
- Email Sender - All Edlio Websites include unlimited email sending. Send your important updates directly to parents and staff.
- Social Media Manager - Connect your Facebook page and Twitter account to the Social Media Manager. Once you’re set up, you’ll also have the option to post your News item to these channels.
- School News App - Your News items will automatically be added to the School News App feed, but you can also opt to create push notifications.
Keep your central information page updated and repeat steps 2 and 3 as needed.
Teachers: Keep Your Pages Current
Your teacher and class pages can play an important role in making sure parents and students know how classes may be affected. Use your page to tell them about assignments and how to reach you with questions.