Accessibility Tips for Teachers
You carefully craft your content and want people to read it. Make sure it can be accessed by all your students, parents and even grandparents.
Here are some simple steps you can take:
- In your Personal Pages make sure your page titles describe the purpose or topic of the page.
- Minimize the use of all capital letters.
- Avoid ambiguous link text such as "click here."
- Images, videos and audio should all have alternative text. Images that are links need alternative text that describes the link destination.
- Give files a descriptive name before uploading them.
- Screen readers cannot read images, presentations, pdfs or other files. Instead, copy the content from the file and paste it directly onto the page or provide the same information in a second text-based file (.txt, .rtf) uploaded along-side the original.
- When adding a table, clearly mark and associate column and row titles.