User Account Privilege Breakdown - OSC Only
OSC User Role Summary
When OSC users are created in the OSP Management Portal, they are designated to specific roles such as OSC Administrator, OSC User and more. These roles have specific security access throughout the program:
- OSC Administrators – This role is limited to central office staff, for heightened access to all schools. Administrators can drill down to the bookkeeper and teacher level at all sites. They can also run reports at the individual school level and district-wide summary level. If the school district does not use an LDAP/SSO solution, Administrators can also make user accounts
- OSC User – This user role is meant for the person in charge of a school care’s finances and is roughly analogous with the OSP user role of "Bookkeeper". They will have “program-wide” access for all info regarding OSC including posting of fees, collecting of funds, and running reports. It is a composite role that includes all aspects of OSC Poster, OSC Collector, and OSC Reporting.
- OSC Poster – This user role can only post fees. They cannot collect funds not can they run reports. This role is only used at schools with strict employee separation of duties.
- OSC Collector – This user role can only collect funds. They cannot run reports nor can they post fees. This role is only used at schools with strict employee separation of duties.
- OSC Reporting – This user role is meant for read-only access to the OSC site and can only see data after it's been enter plus run reports as needed. They cannot post fees nor can they can collect funds. This role is only used at schools with strict employee separation of duties.
- Auditor – This user role is limited for central office staff with read-only access to all sites. They can see everything in OSC but cannot post any new fees nor can they collect any funds.
- Purchaser – Parent/guardian level access to the public-facing store to make online credit card purchases. Cannot access the internal site where school staff login. Purchaser accounts are created separately by the actual parent/guardian when making a purchase just like you would expect on an external site. These accounts only have access to the public-facing storefront where purchases are made. The parents do not have security access to the management portal as access to this is maintained by the district.
This list is for comparison only and is accurate at the time of this document’s writing. These tables may not reflect the latest upgrades to OSP or for when certain districts have more customized options.
Individual users may have multiple levels access at once which will significantly expand their privileges.