You can show information from third-party sites on your page. This information is commonly called "embed code" because you are essentially inserting a little piece of the third-party site onto your own page.
You can embed a:
- Facebook post or video
- Vimeo or YouTube video
- Google Calendar
- along with many other things!
The example below uses Twitter, but the same idea applies to other third-party sites.
1. Add a new page or tap on the name of the existing page you wish to edit.
2. Add a new Content block or click into an existing one.
We recommend a new Content block dedicated to a single embed code as it can be confusing to navigate the source code.
3. Click on the Source Code icon.
4. In a new browser window get the embed code:
a. Open the third party site, such as YouTube, Vimeo or Twitter.
b. Find the thing you want to embed.
c. Look for the words "embed" or "share" or read that site's help center for how to get the embed code.
On Twitter it looks like this:
d. Copy the embed code.
5. In the Source Code window paste the embed code.
If this is a new content block, remove the placeholder content:
<div class="placeholder-tinymce-text">Enter your text here...</div>
If you have other content in the block, find the location in the text and paste your code there.
6. Tap Ok then Save the page.
The embed code will not appear the same here as it will on the public website. After you save the page you'll be able to see the embedded code on the public website.