User Authentication with an Organizational Unit
This applies to schools & districts that use Google SSO, Microsoft SSO or LDAP.
If students or non-staff have accounts on your school's domain, you can prevent them from logging into the Edlio CMS.
Google, Microsoft, LDAP & other SSO services have a concept called "Organizational Units" (OU) that controls which accounts have access to which services.
To use an OU to control access to your website's CMS:
- In your SSO service set up an Organizational Unit for "Staff"
- Contact technical support with the name of the OU
- We'll set it up so only users in that OU can log in
Note that we can only do this for 1 OU. In other words, all Google users who should be able to access the CMS need to be in the same OU.
Google Organizational Units
- How the organizational structure works, Google Support
- G Suite Organizational Units and Permissions, Backupify
- 7 Things to Know About Organizational Units in Google Apps, BetterCloud Monitor